Mediation can be used to resolve any number of kinds of disputes in Arizona. For example:
1. Family Law Disputes. People can use mediation to get a divorce, modify an order, obtain grandparent rights and any other number of family law issues. Mediation is especially useful when children are involved – studies indicate that children are damaged when their parents are in conflict during and after a divorce. With mediation, the parents can work together to reach amicable agreements in the children’s best interests.
2. Employment Disputes. Business owners know that employee conflicts can be expensive. Employees in conflict are less productive, and when they leave, there is a cost to training a new employee. When employees sue, it takes time and money to litigate the matter, and an employer risks a bad outcome at trial, which could be expensive and damaging to the company’s reputation. Using mediation, especially early on, nips the problem in the bud.
3. Business Disputes. Business disputes include disputes between business owners and disputes between businesses. Using mediation often allows for the preservation of relationships, which can be good for business. It is wise to include a mediation provision in business contracts.
4. Real Estate Disputes. Mediation can be used to handle problems in real estate sales, landlord tenant issues, and a number of other real estate issues.
5. Neighbor/Friend/Family Disputes. Mediation can even be used to resolve arguments between friends, family members, colleagues and other people that have to continue to interact with each other. Rather than living with uncomfortable conflict, it is best to address the issues with the aid of a mediator.
Alona M. Gottfried is a family law mediator and attorney in Arizona. If you have questions about mediation, she can be reached at: 480-998-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a general interest article only and is not intended to be legal advice. See a legal professional before making legal decisions.
Simmons & Gottfried, PLLC
8160 E. Butherus Dr., Suite #7
Scottsdale, AZ 85260